Stunning Fox Island Farmhouse
- Four beds + 2.5 baths
- Den + bonus room
- 1+ acre lot
- 3156 square feet
- Offered for $800,000
Find your peace of mind in this flawless farmhouse on 1 acre, just across the Fox Island bridge! Built in 2015, this home is light and bright with stunning great room highlighted by a wall of windows and soaring tongue and groove ceiling. The crisp kitchen has a timeless white-on-white palette that is complimented by solid oak floors, featuring a perfectly weathered finish. The custom breakfast nook has a built-in corner bench, and a dutch door that invites the morning light in!
TAKE A 3D TOUR HERE: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=1WYdNG7AN6T&brand=0
Enjoy the main floor master suite, with it’s two-person shower and private patio (which is all wired up and ready for your hot tub!) The walk-in closet conveniently opens into the spacious laundry room. Other main floor amenities include a den, powder room, butler’s pantry, formal dining and a HUGE attached garage (no really, it’s 1,145 square feet!)
Upstairs are three additional bedrooms, a full bath with dual vanity and a large bonus room plus lots of storage. The cabana is located just off of the breakfast nook and is the perfect spot to watch the sun go down.
Fox Island is home to about 4,000 residents just 5 miles outside of Gig Harbor and across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge – 18 miles to Tacoma.
Not to brag, but here are a few things you can enjoy while living on Fox Island —
- Enjoy picturesque fishing with views of Mount Rainier on the Fox Island Fishing Pier, located on the Eastern tip of Fox Island – cast your luck for some fresh, South Puget Sound salmon.
- If you’re looking for more water activities, Kopachuck State Park is just over the Fox Island Bridge. A 109-acre day-use marina park with 5,600 feet of saltwater shoreline on Henderson Bay. It offers 2 miles of shaded hiking trails, 50 picnic tables, and is a popular spot for cooling off your toes in the water, swimming, water skiing, boating, fishing, and shellfish harvesting – think yummy crab, clams, geoduck, mussels and oysters! Just make sure you have a permit.
- Have you always wanted to see a Giant Pacific Octopus up close and personal? Scuba Diving is possible out here! Although the waters of the Puget Sound require a little more gear than warmer waters, this area contains some of the best diving in the world. Many of the dive sites are full of colorful sponges, friendly wolf eels, sea cucumbers, sea stars, anemones and fish to be seen on every underwater adventure.
- You know all those videos you see on the internet of someone kayaking in the pacific northwest with a lovely surprise by a majestic Orca Whale? This could be you enjoying one of those heart pounding moments! There is no shortage of coastline for taking it slow and enjoying the view of the island on the water while waiting for whales, harbor seals, otters, sea lions, blue herons and the great American bald eagle to grace your presence.
- Get in touch with the forest at the Fox Island Nature Center, full of several wetlands, a marsh, rain forest area, a 60′ footbridge and a native species garden – perfect for hiking, bird watching, picnicking, nature photography and more. You can thank local volunteers – Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, FIRCA and the various Fox Island Garden Clubs for keeping this in pristine condition!
- Become a part of the Fox Island Community & Recreation Association (FIRCA), a long standing community group since the 1970’s. They provide many great social and recreational activities for islanders to enjoy!